PMOs in Agile Environments
2 DAYS - 7 Hours per day
Live Virtual/Satellite Course
Issued by AIPMO
- Understand the nature, importance and challenges of creating and maintaining PMO Dashboards
- Know why organizational agility is important and how it impacts organizational performance
- Understand the importance of PMOs supporting PPPs using agile methods, the challenges, and how PMOs can add value
- Understand what exactly is an agile environment, the principles, and how to align them with your PMO principles to lead and support
- Learn how a PMO can add value using a framework approach to building and designing PMO services for an organization using agile methods across PPPs
- Identify and assess the various roles a PMO can have in an organization using agile methods and how it can use those roles to support and advise efficiently and effectively
- Analyze PMO principles and assess how to define them for an agile environment
- Learn and apply Agile techniques
- Understand how the AIPMO’s Lifecycle framework incorporates both Agile and Agility concepts
- Develop your own Agile Maturity model using a foundation of existing models
Understand the impact of new technologies such as AI on agile project management
- Project and program management professionals
- PMO managers and team members who are involved in using agile methods
- Consultants involved in supporting PPPs and PMOs using both traditional and agile methods
- Subject matter experts and those responsible for leading organizational change
The integrated training approach within AIPMO’s Learning Management System includes:
- Team exercises
- Group discussions on pertinent topics
- Presentations and role play
- Personal coaching (if time allows)
|Module 1 – Agility|
|Module 2 – Value Management – Driver for the Agile Mindset|
|Module 3 – Defining PMO in Agile|
|Module 4 – Basic Scrum Sprint and Ceremonies|
|Module 5 – Agile Technics and Approaches|
|Module 6 – The Agile PMO and PMO for Agile Teams|
|Module 7 – Agile Maturity Models|
|Module 8 – Futures: AI, Robotics, Automation, and Their Impact on Agile Projects|
|Module 9 – Discussion Module for Open Forum|
|Module 10 – Retrospectives|
Online exam | Open book with 50 multiple questions | 60min
Frequently asked questions
Each of the certification categories serve a difference purpose. The first category “PMO Core Certifications” shows that you have the competencies to design and build a service-orientated PMO with services that are needed by your project community. At the top-level (Expert) certification, you will have to show that you have the competencies to design and build one or more PMOs (called PMO topologies) within an integrated PMO Services topology. The second category of courses, called “Foundational certifications,” comprise of three certifications that are needed by everyone irrespective of whether you are a PMO or project team member or a PM/O director. The foundational courses are the techniques and tools of a trade, so they are needed by everyone including project professionals. The third category of certifications is called the “Specialist” certifications because they directly relate to the ability to offer PMO services. If a PMO service is planned, then the PMO needs to have the capability to offer them. There are over 20 specialist courses at the time of writing. These courses are also needed by project team members.
AIPMO uses the term “contact hours” for its virtual courses. Contact hours include course instructions, time allocated for homework, and team exercises. Every course has allotted contact hours and once you pass the course exam, they will be accredited to your account. Once you have reached the threshold, you will be awarded the specialist level certification.
These three certifications are part of the PMO core certifications. IPMO-F (Foundation) is for the PMO and project team members and covers topics around working in a PMO, and also working in a project team. It covers the lower part of the AIPMO Strategic Lifecycle framework.
IPMO-P (Practitioner) is for the PMO managers, project managers, and senior PMO and project team members. It covers topics on how to identify the need for a PMO and design, and how to justify and build a PMO and its services.
IPMO-E (Expert) is not for everyone. It is the top-level certification for PMO directors and consultants who are managing, consulting, or designing enterprise PMO topologies and PMO Service topologies.
For now, it is best to ask one of our professionals. You can either call or chat online. They will be able to provide you expert advice to plan and advance your career.
Short answer, Yes. There are bundles shown on the website, but you can also call to ask if you can get a special discount. If you bring others to the course, then this will also be taken into consideration.
What our client say about us
It was a real eye-opener for me that allowed me to look into the PMO world from a different perspective. I understood the project, program, portfolio management in the context of PMOs.
- Mohamad Dreii
Eastern Growth Market
Although i have been in this fiels for many years, this outstanding experience has introduced me to a new world full of unique experiences, opportunities and a great chance for personal growth.
- Fayez Almalki
General Authority of Zakat & Tax
I thought I had a good understanding of how to establish and manage PMOs, but the principles and ideas gained from the course proved the opposite!
- Hedar Alalli